Wednesday, October 7, 2009

JOY





Greetings Prospective Eagles,
FierceEagleDiva has returned to the nest. Unlike most weeks, I'm not that busy, BUT I still have some upcoming events to share with you.
Tomorrow, I'm going to see "Ailey 2" with NCCU's honors program, at the Carolina Theatre. As a dancer, I'm thrilled to see this show because the visual aesthetics of this company are renowned internationally. For honors students, we have a semesterly project that we must do for hours credit. My honors project is about African American dance and its effects on America's artistic culture and various dance forms. "Ailey 2" will definitely give me further insight on my topic.
On Friday, NCCU's Worship and Praise Inspirational Mass Choir (WPI) will perform at a church in Raleigh. It'll be nice to go back to one of my two hometowns (i.e., Zebulon and Raleigh), and worship/minister in the choir.
This Saturday, I'm going to get my LSAT score and participate in a strategy session. This test is a mental marathon, because you have to stay focused to analyze the scholarly rhetoric that's asked of you. I'm glad I took the LSAT and I will continue to take it each semester, so I'll truly be prepared for the actual LSAT. "PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT."
I almost forgot to tell you about the NCCU vs A and T football game. . .we lost BUT we only lost by ONE point in a double overtime. Overall though, I had a BLAST cheering on the team and hanging out with my peers during the game and tailgating. I don't know much about football, but I do know NCCU's football players did a great job. We showed up and showed out at the Aggie Stadium. Our heads were held high with pride as we left A and T and returned to the great NCCU! Well until next time, I'm out. FierceEagleDiva has left the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment