Thursday, October 29, 2009

HOMECOMING!!!












Greetings Prospective Eagles,


FierceEagleDiva has returned to the nest and I have a lot of information to share with you. Homecoming week has been an absolute BLAST!!!


My homecoming week kicked off Sunday with the coronation of NCCU's royal court. On Monday, I attended choir Ball. Choir Ball spoofed Bobby Jone's Sunday program and 106 & Park on BET. Student performers performed the popular songs of various recording artists . . .NCCU has sooooo many talented performers! Choir Ball featured the songs of Beyonce, Mary Mary, Kanye West, Chrisette Michele, Kanye West, and even a tribute to Michael Jaackson. My peers and I laughed and danced with joy as we sang with the performers.


On Tuesday, I performed with WPI at the Tye Tribbett lyceum event. . .OMG, we opened for Tye Tribbett! The lyceum concert was CRAZY FUN! It is always enriching to worship and praise God with your peers, in an atmosphere filled with devotion, love, and spiritual fervor. Tye Tribbett and the Greater Anointing are full of energy and they demand audience attention and participation with their infectious charisma. It's been a while since I've had that much fun. I am very thrilled to know that this was the FIRST TIME a gospel concert sold out at NCCU. The gym was PACKED and the spirit of the lord was truly moving through it.


On Friday, I'll be attending the step show and writing an article about it for the Campus Echo . . .I AM SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED to be covering this event!!! Saturday is the Homecoming game and I'll be attending the dance show. I can't wait to see the various dance groups break it down on the dance floor.


On Sunday, WPI is having its anniversary concert. We have been working on material for this concert for about a month and a half, and we are READY to perform! This week is surely shaping itself to be a week of good memories and I have sooooo many more memories still to make. . .I can't wait to embark on making them! Well until next time, I'm out. FierceEagleDiva has left the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment